Tecolote Manager’s Credo
Tecolote Managers should make every effort to...
- Create a safe and caring environment for players to learn, practice and play.
- Become familiar with current coaching and teaching techniques.
- Be kind and approachable.
- Provide all players the opportunity to learn and to play.
- Demonstrate good health habits and physical fitness.
- Make every player feel an important part of the team.
- Be knowledgeable of the rules of the game.
- Set clear and reasonable expectations.
- Set attainable goals.
- Be courteous and polite.
- Use good judgment as to when and how to discipline.
- Teach the fundamentals of the game.
- Be positive in situations where there seems to be failure.
- Be fair to all players.
- Share ideas and expertise with other managers in the league.
- Demonstrate poise, self-control and self-confidence.
- Ensure that all the players are instructed on safety.
- Warm up the players before every practice and game.
- Support the work of league organizers and volunteers.
- Be honest to my players and won't be afraid to admit my mistakes.
- Maintain dignity of the person I may be in conflict with.
- Be open-minded.
- Model of good sportsmanship.
- Understand that progress and growth often comes one small step at a time.
- Understand that players improve at different rates.
- Communicate appropriately with players and parents.
- Be a good role model.
- Model a high level of respect for umpires.
- Remember that the game is for the players.